Well another week has flown by and its Edmond Cup time. Hill City is duty club and I require several members to set up the course at 12 midday. Marshalls are also needed! Please offer to help – many hands make light work! Also don’t forget a plate please.
The Clubrooms WILL BE OPEN (ignore whats in the paper).
Merrilee has offered to open up and will be at the Club at 1.30pm for a 2pm start (thanks Merrilee).
REMEMBER Blue forms and subs ASAP.
I haven’t had many of you indicate you availability for the NZXC Champs in Halswell CHCH on the 23rd of July. Remember you need to run Edmond Cup or Otago Champs to be considered.
Lastly but certainly not least – CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who competed last weekend in either the NZSSXC or Balclutha Half. We had many Hill City runners representing our Club and you all did brilliantly.
I had the pleasure of being in Ashburton to see our young High School runners competing in the NZSSXC Champs – a very competitive competition where in one race I counted 27 runners from one school alone!
Special mention must be made of the Senior Girls race where Hill City had runners placed 1st, 3rd & 8th!
- Becky Greene (St Hildas) retained her title, Shauna Pali (Kavanagh) Bronze and Laura Carruthers was 8th. Well done ladies.
- Tim Morrison was placed 5th in the Year 9 boys race.
- Charlotte Cahill was 12th, Harriet Keown 36th and Meg Mckay 39th in the junior girls.
- Chris McNoe 27th and Ruben Scarlet-McRae 52nd in the junior boys.
- Sam Bremer 38th and Toby Batchelor 42nd in the senior boys.
- Jessie Murphy 36th in the Year 9 girls.
- In Balclutha Joe Beamish won the Open Mens 10km race in a time of 39:22.
- Val Muskett was 2nd in the MW50+ half and James Park 3rd in the MM50+ half.
Full reports and results will be available on our website soon.
Thats all for now.