Event start times
Entry is available online (opening 1 March 2019) and is to be paid in full by 6th October 2019, or late entry fee applies.
Online entries will close on Thursday 17th October at 5pm. Entries will be accepted at race pack pick up sessions only after this date, with late fee applied.
Entries are non transferable and non refundable after the 1st October 2019.
All entries received after the 6th of October at 5pm will have a late fee applied to them. The late entry fee is $20. Late entries will be accepted in store at the Shoe Clinic at one of the race pack collection sessions. Cash payment only available.
Note: there will be NO entries on the day of the race.
10km 12 Week Training Programme
A 12 week training programme can be downloaded for the 10km race. This programme has been designed with beginners in mind.
- The event is run under Athletics NZ rules, open to all bona fide amateurs, registered, or not registered with Athletics NZ
- Runners and walkers must keep to right side of road and where possible run on the footpath
- Race officials reserve the right to remove competitors showing signs of distress during the race
- iPods and headphones are prohibited
- Walkers running will be disqualified
- Race number must be displayed at all times
Start / finish location
The Half Marathon starts on Formby street, and the 10km and kids race starts on Huntly Road. All races finish in the driveway at the the West Taieri Rugby Club.
Race packs will be able to be collected on Friday 18 October between 4–6pm and Saturday 19 October between 3–5pm at the Shoe Clinic, George Street Dunedin.
Race packs will also be available to collect on Sunday 20 October, race day, at the West Taieri Rugby Club from 8am until race start. No entries available at this time however.
Hill City’s Children’s Athletic Club will be running a BBQ, so bring your loose change.
There will be a coffee van on site to purchase coffee from at the event.
Prize-giving at approximately 12:30pm after the last competitor finishes, this will be held at the West Taieri Rugby Club. The Kids race prize-giving will be held as soon as possible at conclusion of the kid’s race.
- Prize packs to the 1st male and female in 10km run and half marathon
- Prizes for 1st male and female in 10km walk
- Spot prizes (to be eligible, you must be present, bring tear-off tab on your number)
- Prize-giving for Kids 12 & under will be held after the race in the rugby club rooms
Certiﬁcates will be given to all entrants. Results will be available on Results page as soon as possible after the event.
Parking and transport
Transport will leave from outside Unipol, Forsyth Barr Stadium at 7:45am and return at 1:30pm following the prize giving.
The Outram course was originally put together by the Presbyterian club back in late 70’s, and was used as a club estimated race. If you new how fast you could race and got closest to that time you would win.
Ariki Harriers like the sound of this and asked if they could join in the next year. The following year the course was open up to the public.
Over the next few year the 10km run and walk were installed. The course stayed at time estimated up until the 90’s.
From time to time the Athletics Otago Half marathon championships were and are often held on the Outram course.
First aid will be provided by the St Kilda Surf Life Saving Club.