The results for the Lovelock relay 2017 are available:
Saturday 16th July – there will be a club run and walk from our Clubrooms at Logan Park, HCU is hosting the Caversham club.
Please meet at 1:30pm with a briefing at 1:45pm and bring a plate for afternoon tea.
Otago cross country champs
Members who want to enter the Otago Cross Country champs please refer to Athletics Otago website for entry details.
Members who want to be in included in Peninsula Relay teams are to email firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22nd.
Below are our teams for the Ponydale Relays this Saturday.
If for some reason you can no longer run – please let us know now!
Captains for the day are highlighted in bold and can collect the teams race pack from Trish by the HCU flag (1 helper needed please email back if you can help with this).
It is your responsibility to collect $10 from your team members and return money and race numbers to Trish.
NB: The Clubrooms will not be open this Saturday.
If you need a club singlet or have any other queries, please email back.
- Tim Bolter, Richard Fogarty, Steve Bloomfield, Mike Wakelin
- Karl Thomson, Phil Bremer, Mark Konijn, Warren Scott
- Paul Ferro, Paul O’Neill, Steve Pinker, TBA
- Sam O’Kane, Campbell Neilson, Willam Scharpf, Josh Hou
- Jean Kozyniak, Bella Bloomfield, Sabrina Grogan, Kirsty O’Sullivan
- Mary Gray, Shireen Crumpton, Jenna Thorne, Nicky Ferro
- Sarah Saunderson Warner, Cathy Weatherston, Jack Bloomfield, Kate Spenceley Dave Mackle (reserve)
- Ollie Bixley, Sam Bixley, Anne Bixley, Matt Bixley
Under 7’s – no entry fee
(enter on the day)
Under 13’s – no entry fee
- Ella Hou, Charlotte Byers, Emma Neilson, Jesika Sebelin
- Matthew Sebelin, Poppy Annison, Guthrie Wakelin, Lachlan Crumpton
- Sam Bremer, Jared Monk, Kirk Madgwick, Ollie Chignell
- Andy Pohl, Luuk Wijering, Matthew Ogle, Tom Spencer
- Robbie Johnston, Alistair Richardson, Chris Jones, Oliver O’Sullivan
- Elliot O’Sullivan, Lochie Chittock, Stafford Thompson, TBA
Below are the HCU teams for Lovelocks Relays this Saturday which is being held this year on the University Oval No 2 ground which is right outside our Clubrooms where our trial was held.
If for some reason you are no longer able to run or your name isn’t listed please email us back now.
Remember $5 to your team captain – except Primary race runners which are free.
A plate for afternoon tea.
Wear your HCU singlet – see Jane if you don’t have one.
PLEASE arrive at least half an hour before your race and check in with your team captain who will have your race number.
All Primary School runners check in with Shireen.
Looking forward to another successful Lovelock Relay.
Henry Te Morenga Wakelin
Josh Hou – Captain
Oscar Te-Morenga Wakelin
Sam Bremer – Captain
Ben Wardhaugh – Captain
res: Cameron McNoe
Shireen Crumpton – Captain
Kirsty O’Sullivan – Captain
res: Rebecca Allnutt
Mike Wakelin – Captain
Mark Chignell – Captain
Stephen Pinker – Captain
Dave Mackle – Captain
Cathy Weatherston – Captain
res: Ivan Pali
Below are the 5 HCU teams for the Peninsula Relays this Saturday. The teams are listed in running order. As you can see we are still one runner short.
Email now if you can run or if for some reason you are no longer available or if you can marshall.
Those marked (c) are our captains for the day. Watch out for another email tonight with instructions for the day. Go HCU!
- A. Lynch, M. Ogle, M. Wakelin, O. Chignell (c), T. Spencer, J. Monk
- B. Bloomfiled, R. Stamm, S. Lynch, S. Bloomfield(c), L. Darwin, S. Grogan
- K. O’Sullivan, T. Bolter, E. O’Sullivan, S. Crumpton(c), I. Pali, R. Fogarty
- D. Mackle, B. Patrick, M. Hall, C. Weatherston(c), M. Rough, S. Saunderson-Warner
- B. Wardhaugh, tbc,C. McNoe, J. Beamish(c), S. Bremer, S. Pali
Start and finish at Portobello. Read the lap description and road safety instructions.
Matthew Ogle U18
Kirk Madgwick U20
Bella Bloomfield SW
Ben Wardhaugh u18
Rose Stamm SW
Jessie Murphy u18
Steve Pinker MM50
Myrtle Rough MW50
Andrew Jamieson MM35
Dwayne Sheddan SM
Barbara Patrick MW50
Charlotte Homan U20
Alex McEwan MM35
David Mackle MM50
Phil Bremer MM50
Sarah Saunderson Warner SW
Malcolm Hammond MM50
John Maguire MM50
At this stage we don’t know what time our teams are going off but the slowest team will be at 11.30am from the start line on John Wilson Drive. Please report to your captain, highlighted in yellow, at the start line at 11am.
The order listed is the running order for the race and you must run these legs as this is how you have been handicapped.
Please visit the Athletics Otago website for all further details regarding the race.
Please note the prizegiving and afternoon tea will be at the Portobello Hall at the completion of the race – Please bring a plate of food to share.
|p&I – 1||Matthew Sebelin||Campbell Nielson||Alex Warlow||William Schapf||Johnny O’Neill|
|p&I – 2||Sam Bixley||Annelise Scharpf||Jesika Sebelin||Oliver Bixley|
|mu18 – 1||Ben Wardhaugh u19||Lochie Chittock u18||Matthew Ogle u18||Oliver Chignell u18|
|sm/u20 – 1||Joe Beamish u20||Keiran Cody sm||Josh Campbell sm||Andrew Pohl sm|
|sm/u20 – 2||Aaron Lynch u20||Kegan Gilmore sm||Elliot O’Sullivan sm||Oliver O’Sullivan sm|
|sw/u20 -1||Christina Taylor sw||Kirsty O’Sullivan sw||Bella Bloomfield sw||Susannah Lynch wu20|
|sw/u20 – 2||Hannah Adamson sw||Katrina Andrew sw||Mary Gray sw||Deb Lynch sw|
|sw/u20 – 3||Rose Stamm sw||Rebecca Allnutt sw||Julia Hunt sw||Charlotte Homan wu20|
|mm – 1||Kerrin Williams mm||Ian Graham mm||Stephen Bloomfield m50||Mike Wakelin mm|
|mm – 2||Eric Sharpf mm||Mark Chignell mm||Murray Gray mm50||Adrian Christie mm|
|mm – 3||Andrew Jamieson m50||Martin Watt mm50||John Maguire m50||David Mackle m50|
|mw – 1||Ann Bixley mw||Myrtle Rough m50||Sally Warlow mw||Amanda Church mw|